Vaughn Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaughn Academy

Welcome! Vampires, Were's, Demons, Shape Shifters, Half-Breeds, and Mixed-Breeds!This is our school made for you by us! Look Around, We Are Sure You Will Fit In. Please Stay And Join Us!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

night time hunting. (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet
Name: Bartimaeus
Species: Metal Elemental

night time hunting. (open) Empty
PostSubject: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Bartiameus sat purched on his window sill looking out into the night. To a mortal it would be almost pitch black. To him, it was like being in a dim room with a few candles. He took in a deep breath of the night air and jumped out of the window, at the same time, his wings unfurled and caught air as he battled gravity until he was up a couplr hundred fet in the sky. He soared out over the trees of the forest and then soared lower over the tops so he could see the ground below. After a few minutes of just flying, he ducked into he brannches and snapped his wings in before they could get torn off. He grabbed a branch and perched himself on it.

The predatory sences kicked on. The breeze was moving west- north west at about 4 mph. It was around 50 degrees outside and there was a forest Chimera witha goat head eating grass on the ground. He blinked and let his tongue run over his razor sharp teath. his wings unfurled slightly so they would catch the breeze as he jumped. WIth hte speed and direction of the wind, he figured if he jumped a few feet to the right then he would land right ontop of the animal and be able to snap its neck without it making a noise. He bent dont and flexed his fingers once before leaping through the air. He had calculated perfectly and was about to land on the animals back when someone a couple feet away made a noise and the animal shot off.

Bartimaeus cursed lously as he tucked his wings in and rolled on the gorund before popping up with his claw like nails ready. "Who the hell it there?" He yelled and coruched down. They were behind some bushes and he couldnt really see them to clearly.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet
Name: Kouryu Ryoichi
Species: Dragon Demon

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 am

Smiles happily as he feels the night air against his face while he flies over the mountains during the late evening, with graceful moves, he rose and descended in and out of the clouds freely, working on his flight patterns. 'Hmm...still a bit rusty...but i'll manage, besides, this is only for fun while i'm doing nothing after class,' he grinned and smiled as he continued flying but soon found himself distracted by a scent in the air. 'What is this...metal...? Plus...there is another scent, this one belonging to a chimera...hm...i wouldn't want to interrupt someone while they're hunting, so i'll just stay up here for a bit.' He continued to watch the strange man but then heard the sound of a twig breaking below him and noticed that it was a rather large looking eagle before looking back and saw that the chimera had run off. Hearing the man yell at nothing from his view point, he decided to slowly descend through the canopy and land on a branch nearby so that he may observe him. "Sorry, but i saw everything...seems that it was a hawk from the treetops flew off before you were to attack your prey, the twig under it snapped...but yeah...i feel for your loss, but hey, if you need anything to eat, i still got some rabbits from my earlier hunting raid." He smiled as he pulled out a few hares that he caught around the mountain base from his pouch, he seemed normal, except for the large wings, tail, and claws that replaced his feet. His tail was wrapped around his waist for easy movements in this forest and his wings were sticking close to his back so to keep them from being damaged by the many branches of trees.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Bartimaeus growled when he heard the voice, but stopped when the guy seemed to not mean any harm. He wiped his hand across his watering mouth and stood up straight, his tail uncurled and starte waving around and he extended his wings to let blood flow freely again. He dislodged the claws on his feet (They replace normal toenail) from the soil and walked towards the guy in the tree. "No I like the......enjoyment, of capturing my own prey. Must be a teritorial thing. It just doesnt feel right any other way." He tucked his wings in close to his back and jumped up to the lowest branch. He easily grabbed it and pulled himself up next to the guy. He could smell that the guy was a dragon demon, plus the wings kinda helped. BUt not only dragon demons have wings....he had them and he was a metal demon. He silently noted to learn the smells of different creatures, looks wont always help.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Smiled lightly and placed the rabbit back in his pouch before stretching his wings out, his tail stretching as well from reflex, "Well, if you want to hunt, I saw a group of chimera back around the mourains where I came....though it's a shame that I found them after I finishe my hunt...but I can tell that it's near a large patch of land, so that must be their main gathering ground, so I'd suggest stealth and not to get caught by the monarch." He then smiled as he looked toward the location he spoke about, "If you want, I can take you there, I kinda feel like it's my fault that your prey escaped you, so at least accept the offer if you please, bu I won't force you." He looked up at the trees and smiled, knowin that he could tear through the branches, but didn't want to ruin the scenery, he then looked back at him, offering to shake his hand, "Oh, and my name is Kouryu Ryoichi, a dragon demon as you might have guessed, pleasure to meet you."

Last edited by Satoshi Hiroyuki on Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Bartimaeus nodded. "Thanks, I would appreciate it." He ran a hand through his hair and stapped over so Satoshi would have room to take off. "Im Bartimaeus, metal demon. pleasure to meet you to." He cracked his knuckles and peered up through the branches. Clouds drifted lazily through the sky, blocking the moon everyonce in a while. The sound of crickets and other bugs hummed from the forest like one big beast. Always breathing, never sleeping. "SO can the lion headed Chimera's really bust your eardrums? I'd wrather not attack one of them if they can." He raised his eyebrows and unconciously rubbed his ears at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet
Name: Skygge ShadowLight
Species: Lightning Elemental

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 pm

holds onto a tree as he hunts seeing nothing he moves on and stumbles upon the other two and his sent is masked by the leaves. Well if it isn't a couple of other hunters, this isn't really a safe place to hunt, but i don't think i'll warn them, let them find out on there own . quietly drops down and jumps into a bush making sure his sent is masked
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 am

Shrugs at the question, "I'm really not sure, i normally kill one before they have the chance...and i always come prepared for a quick escape as well, so yeah..." He then blinks as he smelled something burning in the air and thought quietly to himself, "What is this smell...something's burning...but its not fire...the only other thing that could burn would be lightning...and the night sky hasn't brought any thunder storms...so it could only be one thing...' He chuckled and lifted his head, "We seem to be meeting a lot like this Skygge, you shouldn't eavesdrop you know." He then smiled and rested his arm against his tail, relaxing as he waited for him to respond.
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 am

((his sent is hidden, not even a dragon demon can smell him, and lightning isn't arcing mall the time))
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 am

OOC: my bad, xD

IC: He looked around for a few moments as the wind picked up, sending a large amount of leaves to be sent along with the breeze before he turned and looked at Bartimeus, "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you...now, lets get going, if only you'd rather want the group to elude us and cause you to remain without game to hunt." He then tucked his wings in as he worked his way to the top of the trees and kicked off on one of the branches and hovered in the air. Using his wings, he stayed in the air as he adjusted the strap of his sword and fixed it so that it would be on his back and not on his waist, waiting for Bartimeus to join him in the air.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:47 am

Bartimaeus brushed some leaves off of his shirt as The dragon demon jumped into the air and hovered there. He was about to follow him when he heard a bush shift. It was such a small noise that anyone with less hunting experience would have missed it, BUt he had huinted his own food for almost every 15 years of his life. HE smirked and waved to whatever was in the bush as he jumped and let his wings catch the wind. "Yeah lets hurry." He smirked st whatever was in the bush and started was about to start the slow process of getting through all the branched and into the sky when he decided now wasnt the time for slow take-offs. WIth a simple though, his wings grew as hard as steel and he shot straight through all the branches and into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 pm

draws hsi rifle with teh thermal scope and silently follows them going from cover to cover. This might actully be a challange to follow them. Stays hidden as he quietly talks to himself.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

He observed him as he looked around before turning to the side and allowing Bartimeus to fly past him, taking a few small moments to look at the floor beneath them and flew alongside Bartimeus. He kept looking down at the forest floor every now and then before looking forward and speaking to Bartimeus "Hey...you felt the atmosphere change back there as well...right...? I know i wasn't just imagining things...but i wanted to confirm it with you so I know i'm going crazy..." It wasn't just that he needed to confirm it, he was sure that he felt something shift and heard the small movement as well, though he indeed had a vast well of knowledge in hunting, small slip ups still occur, but his instincts told him that they were followed or watched. He shook his head and continued flying over the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Bartimaeus laughed and kept following the dragon. "Your not crazy, we have a follower. But dont worry, I dont think hes to dangerous." He sniffed the air and nearly stopped flapping his wings when he cought the scent of gun powder. "Ok he may be more dangerous than I thought. Is there anybody at the academy with any guns that you know of?" He made all of the parts of his body that were capable of being shot from below, get hard as steel. "Perhaps we should drop in on our little friend?" He suggested with a hint of a grin.
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 pm

((there's no gunpowder to smell))
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 am

He blinks at the mention of gunpowder before closing his eyes and taking in the air around him, breathing deeply before exhaling slowly and looking at Bartimeus "Well...though there isn't traces of gunpowder at the moment, i know of only one person who uses guns and he is a lightning demon who goes by the name of Skygge...knowing what i know from elementals, he isn't using any normal bullet and probably just compressing the lightning into the barrels of the gun as a replacement...that kind of combination could easily increase the power and speed."
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:25 am

Bartimaeus listened to the dragon explain it to him. "Well perhaps it was my intuition warning me of a gun. I dont think we should have to worry about him though. The cover of trees would make seeing us for more than seconds at a time simply impossible. All we need to do is speed up a little bit-" so far they had only been gliding along on thermal pockets."- and nothing on land would be able to keep up with us." HE shrugged and let a thermal wind caryy him up a ways before floating back down. "BUt if hes your friend then maybe we should stop by and say hello.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

Chuckles slightly and builds up a fire in his stomach before turning around spewing out the flames, creating a wall of fire behind them both before swiftly turning around and speeding ahead of Bartimeus along the thermal pocket, "and miss the fun of being chased and avoid being caught, i like the thrill...besides, i'm sure that he enjoys the hunt as well...either way, concerning his weapon...he holds lightning, if he combined that, the bullets would pierce through the wood...so either way, it wouldn't provide much protection."
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am

looks up and sees the flames. well they know i'm here now so enough hiding. jumps to the top of the trees and continues after them.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
1 Character

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Bartimaeus shrugged. At what the dragon said. It would be dificult to aim through the the trees is what he meant. OH well, he didn't feel like explaining himself at the moment so he would just be silent. He felt the heat behind him and sped up a bit bu not wuite as fst as the dragon, who had been much closer to his own fire. "Well I supose I do love the thrill of the hunt. BUt the predator needs to be careful, he may become the prey befor ethe night is over." A smile broke across his face as the clearing came into view and he could see the animals grazing on the grass of the field. HIs mouth watered and he felt his senses naturally amp up to make it easier to kill.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:20 am

Smirks as he eyes the clearing but then notices Skygge amongst the brush below them both, nodding as he hears the comment from Bartimeus. "that is also quite true...but if we are to gain the opportunity over our pursuer, we must make haste to take the kill..." Kouryu then smiles and dives down to the clearing, stealthfuly grabbing his own prey and tumbling with it into the brush without the rest of the pack noticing, jamming his tail through to its skull to avoid it calling out for help, smiling at his success.
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:50 am

grins as he gets to the last tree and raises his hands making the ground shake beneath the animals making them run. nothing like a little chaos to start the day. keeps it up.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:13 am

Growls lightly as he feels the tremors beneath him and carries his prey on his back before taking flight, looking up at Bartimeus with a grin, "Nothing says hunt like a good chase, go now Bartimeus! Take your kill and claim it as yours!" He then turns around and spots Skygge with his hand raised, smirking lightly at him, "Well...look who it was...i guess my reasoning was right after all...what brings you out here Skygge?"
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:21 pm

smiles keeping the tremors going. was practicing with my rifle then i decided to have some fun and saw you two. starts making the ground split open.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi Hiroyuki
1 Character
Satoshi Hiroyuki

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:17 am

Grins slightly as he hovers over the rift below him, looking at Skygge, "then allow me to ask a question..." He then pointed down at the rift below and then to the ground around him, "why cause such an uproar when both Bartimeus and I are hunting? I take it that this is part of your fun as well?"
Back to top Go down
Skygge
2 Characters
Skygge

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:44 am

stops as the crack is big enough. the rupture was not for fun, but a harsh reality. looks down at his work and nods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: night time hunting. (open)   night time hunting. (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

night time hunting. (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next