Vaughn Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaughn Academy

Welcome! Vampires, Were's, Demons, Shape Shifters, Half-Breeds, and Mixed-Breeds!This is our school made for you by us! Look Around, We Are Sure You Will Fit In. Please Stay And Join Us!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Midnight Swim

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet
Name: Lucien Davis
Species: Vampire

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Lucien looked out over the lake in front of him, wearing just a pair of swimming shorts. Tonight, he had decided he'd had enough of been cooped up inside. He hadn't seen or heard about any activity from any vampire hunters near the school, so he had decided to take advantage of the oppurtunity to go outside. He wasn't feeling particularly thirsty yet, so he had decided instead to go for a long awaited for swim. The water might have been cold, or the night could have been cold, but Lucien didn't feel it. He didn't really feel the cold at all these days, not since he had been able to control fire.

The lake stretched out in front of him, who knew how deep. The moon shone on it's surface, giving some light to the night. Taking a small but intensely fasrt run up, Lucien jumped in the air, something like twelve feet high, thanks to his vampire strength, way out into the middle of the lake, diving as he turned in the air. He gracefully landed in the water, not making much of a splash and had a swim round underneath. His eyes got used to the water, and he was amazed at how clear it was. The water demons really did keep it clean here...

The quietness of the water gave Lucien a sense of peace, and he let himself float back to the top, laying on his back on the water, relaxing. It was good to be outside again.
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet
Name: Link Jones

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Link was running so fast chasing after a vampire that stole his sword. "You come back here ya dog!" He exclaimed. He had lost the dog. But as the light of the moon shined on the golden samurai sword that he was heir of. He took of his shirt and hopped in. He grabbed the sword and saw a boy. His scent told him it was a vampire. He swam right next to the boy. "Hello!" He said trying to feak him out,
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Of course, Lucien wasn't too freaked out by the random person who popped up. Lucien had smelt him coming.... Something he had found quite useful. Since been turned, all his senses had improved.

"Hi there!" He said to the vampire boy. He saw the sword and raised a eyebrow. It was a very nice sword, a golden katana. Lucien had left his Dao back in his room, along with his guitar and clothes. "Lucien Davis, vampire. Who are you I've not seen you round here before... I was begining to think that Evelyn and I were the only vampires here."
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Link smiled. "Oh I used to attend this school but left for 2 months now Im back. You know Evelyn? She was the first friend I had at this school. Wierd but true." He said smiling. It was obvious that Link as hyper. He hd eaten lots of candy. "Oh, you wanna check out Haletsu." He said looking at his sword. He pulled it out the sheath and it showed a gold blade. Pure gold.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:32 pm

"Ev was the second person I met here. The first was Varton, a werewolf. But yeah.. Ev's my best friend.. and my girlfriend." Lucien said. "Haletsu? Cool name. And a nice sword too. Pure gold... I bet that would have been expensive. Family heirloom?"

Lucien had yet to name hs sword. He'd get round to that later.

"I've been here for about six or seven months now... Hang on a sec, I'm sure I've seen you around, just never talked to you. Link, isn't it? You're in my band, science and sword class. But we've never talked."
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 am

I thought about it. "Oh yeah." I said. "Well Evelyn and I were hanging around here the other day.... Soo. Your the great Lucien heh? Ev's boyfriend. " He chucled as he was still sugar high.

((Epic fail of a post. Sorry.))
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm great... but yeah, I am." Lucien said, chuckling along with Link. The guy was obviously on a high of some kind. Maybe he'd been eating sweets... Lucien realised that since he'd bneen turned, all he'd had was blood. A bit of food would be nice... in fact, he'd probably get some bacon or something from the cafeteria later. "So what did you get up to in the two months you weren't here then?"
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am

As soon as Lucien asked the question he remebered the horror that happened. He killed 12 samurai. He almost got his sister killed. I was a bloody battle. The thing was though he needed that sword. He was heir of it. If he didnt his family leagcy would die. So he told Lucien exactly what had happened. About samurais, palace, missions, everything. He realized that this was too much for a thirteen year old. But he was over 90 years old.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:11 pm

"Whoa..." Lucien couldn't help but say as he listened to Link's story. "And I thought I had it bad been stuck alone in the woods for a few months after I got turned before coming here, the getting attacked and almost killed by a Shade a couple of weeks ago... And then, there's the vampire hunters here to kill us too. How long have you been around then? I'm 18 on Monday... I only got turned earlier this year."
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:41 am

Link just let out a single tear. He had heared about the Vampire Hunters. He had killed a couple of them. Well 100 hundered in Japan. "Well, wanna go meet up with Evelyn. We could get out of here ya know." He said. He had just come but really, no where was safe for Link. Even his friends have betrayed him.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm

"Yeah, we can meet Ev.... but I'm not leaving here. I'm done with running, they'll come after us anyways. This is my home now, and I'm not leaving. No, what we'll do is fight back." Lucien said. "We'll show those vamp hunters whose boss. Running from your problems doesn't help them, you need to face them head on. I just need a bit more sword practice, but then I'll be ready to fight back."
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 am

Link was about to answer as with his Vampire hearing he heard someone walking. He saw a arrow coming at Lucien. Link put his hand out and caught it. He broke it and ran at the man who shot him. He came back with a dead body in his hands. "See what I mean? I cant fight them."
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 am

Lucien heard the person walking, smelt the human scent. He heard a string been pulled back and the release of it. Looking around, he saw an arrow coming straight at him. Time seemed to slow down as adrenalin flooded through his body, and he moved back, super fast, to dodge the arrow. But before it even got to him, Link caught it, snapping it in half. Faster than Lucien could follow, Link got up and killed the hunter, returning with the dead man in his hands.

"I can fight them..." Lucien said, sure of that. "But... I don't know if I'd be able to bring myself to kill."

In Lucien's mind, him not killing or feeding from a human is what let him keep what remained of his humanity, let him keep his morals and stopped him from becoming the monster that vampires are portrayed as in myths. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself for ever killing... but he kew at the same time, he would do it if it was the only way to protect Ev, stop her from been harmed. He'd do anything for her. That... that was what love was. And he was marked by his love, the rose on his bare chest proof of that. It was like a black tattoo, but it had burned itself on there as he realised that he loved Evelyn. He'd done a bit of research on it in the library, and while it didn't have a name, he found it was a very rare thing. Apparently, it was what happened to some vampires when they fell in love, the mark on them somehow representing that special someone. In Lucien's case, it was a rose, Evelyn's surname and mark. He remembered when they started hanging out more, and she drew a rose on his palm in sharpie, so he wouldn't forget her (not that he ever would be able to). Now, he had a permanent reminder of Ev, just above his heart as his love for her went through him with every beat of it.

No, there was no doubt about it. He'd kill as many people as he'd have to to protect her. But not a single person more. He felt enough remorse when he killed a animal to feed, killing a human would be worse.

Coming back down to earth, he heard more people coming.

"Crap..." He said. "Link, there's no way we'll be able to beat all these without getting hurt if we do it out in the open. We're gonna have to go under water and sneak up on them. Try to just knock em out though, don't kill em."
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 am

Link pushed himself back. "I dont wanna kill them either but..... something takes over me." I said. "I almost killed my bestfriend once." He said. Link needed to suck it up. He was a sissy. "Well one thing we need to do is.. From a rebelion. I can give you practice in all the stuff I know like, Sword play, and Kata." He said.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am

"We don't need a rebellion. We've got everyone here at the school to help us. They're just humans. We've got vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, demons, half breeds, elementals and more. The hunters won't stand a chance". Lucien said. "And I can look after myself already, though thanks for the offer. I've got a sword back in my room. I guess for now, I'll have to use my fists... and my fire."

Lucien went under the water, swimming to the edge of the lake, into the shadow of the woods. Using his fire ability, he set alight like the Human Torch. He was dry instantly. And somehow, the clothes he wore were fireproof. He didn't know how that worked, but he was glad it did. He'd rather not be fighting in the nude.

"Right, we've got to be stealthy, like ninjas. I'll take this lot, you take that lot, okay?"
He said. "Right... go!"
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 am

Link looked at him. "Dude. I am a Ninja. You heard the stiff I said right?" He looked at Lucien then ran to his lot. He hid up in a tree. I got pretty boy. A lady thought. Link heared what she said.
Species:Vampire
He heard a girl read through mind reading. They had files on him. He heared a woosh and moved out the way quickly. "No more Mr. Nice Guy." He said.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Lucien snuck up behind one of the hunters who was looking around, then hit him over the head, putting his hands together into a double fist so it was like a club. The guy went down without a sound. He saw another guy and started towards him, but there was a snap as a stick broke under his foot. The guy swung round, a fire extinguisher in his hand.

What the...How do they know about my been able to control fire?!
He thought. The hunter shouted, and the rest of the group focused on Lucien. Right, well... guess no more ninja for me.

With a yell, Lucien let out a flurry of punches and kicks, fire shooting out of his fists and feet, feeling like a fire bender like out of Aang. He was glad he'd learned kung fu before he'd been turned. He hadn't got to black belt, but he was close. The fire knocked many of the hunters off their feet, but it didn't kill them.

"COME ON THEN!!! BRING IT ON!!!"
Lucien yelled, charging. He slid on the floor towards one of the standing hunters, ducking under a swing of an extinguisher. As he went under the guy's legs, he hit him where it hurts. No point in been nice about this. The guy doubled over in pain, and Lucien got up, grabbed the hunter's head in his hands and kneed him in the face. There was a crunch as the guy's nose broke, and his head flew back, along with the rest of him, falling to the ground unconscious. The blood didn't even appeal to Lucien. He was in a rage, like a beserker.

"COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH!!!" He yelled towards the rest of the hunters. Link better hurry up and take some more out before they over run Lucien, and before all the fun was gone.
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:33 am

Link ran at Lucien and grabbed him. "Ok, Calm down my fire burning friend." He told him. Wow did I say that?

((I have not time sorry))
Back to top Go down
Evelyn_Rose
Admin
Evelyn_Rose

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn Rose

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:24 am

OOC Heya, can I join? :3 Very Happy xD
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:39 am

OOC: Yeah, sure you can. Twould be fun if you did ^^
Back to top Go down
Evelyn_Rose
Admin
Evelyn_Rose

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm

OOC xD was gonna randomly RP as Varton but it's up to you guys. I could appear as Ev, o' course
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 pm

OOC: Ev would be good... her seeing Lucien go crazy would be fun XD

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?! No, I won't bloody calm down!" Lucien said, as Link took hold of his arm. Brushing Link's hand off of him, he faced the hunters, his breathing coming in shiort gasps now, adrenalin flowing through him, mixed with anger and the need to protect, protect his friends, protect himself and home, protect Evelyn. He had run away from his problems all his life, and now he had a new one, he wasn't going to do the same. Not this time. He let his anger flow out of him, fire creeping out of his hands, his arms, legs and torso, his head, until he was a vampire version of the Human Torch, lit all on fire. "No one threatens the people I care about. No one tries to kill me or run me out from my home. I'm tired of running away from my problems. It's time I manned up and faced them. And face these, I shall."

Even through all his anger, through the adrenalin running through him, Lucien's mind was clear, just as his conscience would be. He might be hurting these humans, putting them in hospital, maybe breaking bones or causing burns, but he wasn't killing them. He wouldn't let himself do that, not yet. He may be a vampire, but, as he was always adamant about, he was not a monster. If he was, he would have ripped the throats out of all these hunters and feasted. But he wasn't like that. He would not become like the vampire that had turned him.

"I've got these, Link. You go back to the school and warn everyone about the hunters. And..."
Lucien broke off as an image of Evelyn popped into his head. "Keep her safe, Link. Look after Ev. Just in case I don't get out of this."

And with that, Lucien was off, taking out hunters left, right and center, and running into the woods, the majority of the hunter's chasing him into them, as well as been chased by the hunters that were already in there. He was a burning beacon, one of hate to the hunters minds, one of protection and hope to his own, and he didn't know what the others would think of him. Probably that he was crazy, that he was stupid, that he was dead. And maybe he was, maybe he would die, be over run buy the hunters. But he would go down fighting, and he would go down still holding onto his last bit of humanity, his soul.

But Lucien had no intention of dying just yet. And as he ran off into the woods, he didn'tnotice Ev appear and start to take down the remaining hunters.

Last edited by Lucien Davis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evelyn_Rose
Admin
Evelyn_Rose

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Evelyn had sensed there was something wrong back at the Academy. She didn't know why, but she had an inkling lurking at the back of her mind. She followed impulse. Dressed in dark Skinny jeans, a long black t-shirt and her usual, beaten converse, her feet led her through the woods. She thought she saw Link.. and was that Lucien? They were fighting something.. anything..

VAMPIRE HUNTERS!

' Oh piss.. ' Evelyn thought to herself. There were a handful of them, scattered about. Lucien was beating the crap out of one and she watched with wide eyes before running forward, transforming into her bat form into the air.

She surveyed the area. Ev saw a male vampire hunter. He had a strong build, fierce green eyes and a scar along the side of his face. Flying down closer, a slight pop could be heard as she transformed back into her usual form.

She had caught him off guard. With her enhanced strength, she grabbed his head, forcing it to look at her. Using her mesmerizing ability she used with hunting, she gazed into his eyes, chanting softly in her mind,

' Go to sleep.. Go to sleep.. Go to sleep.. '

His vicious eyes calmed and he collapsed into a deep slumber. She tossed him on the ground and ran to the middle of the battlefield. In the distance, she saw Lucien run off into the battle. He was protecting them. He was protecting her, but he couldn't do it alone. She kicked off at vampire speed after him, a blur in the wind. She had a feeling that tonight, tonight she'd have to attack a human. Tonight, she'd have to kill.

OOC xD Lucien, can you pleaassseee post in Sex Ed? X3
Back to top Go down
Link Jones
1 Character
Link Jones

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 am

Link shook his head and ran after Link untill he smelled another scent. It was Ev. He ran after Lucien and used his mind control powers on him. Lucien Evelyn is here. You must calm down or you will die. Thats when he heared a branch snap and another arrow going towards him and grabbed the arrow and threw it back at the Vampire hunters foot. Then a-a A SILVER BULLET! Yes a silver bullet went towards Evelyn and Link booked it towards her. He tackled her to the ground and the bullet whizzed past Links head hitting his hand. "MOTHERF***ER!" He yelled. He ran after that Vampire hunter but before he left he told Evelyn something. "Im probally gonna die......" And he left.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

Character sheet

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Lucien carried on running into the woods, the few remaining hunters chasing him. He wondered how there could be so many, and what had them all working together. He'd heard that they usually worked alone, because they didn't trust anyone.

He ignored what Link said. No, he wouldn't calm down. If he died, it would be protecting those he cared about. Then the first art made its way to him. Evelyn was here! Which meant she was in danger... which got Lucien riled up again, but this time, he took a deep breath, letting the fire die down and then go out. Of course, that was when the hunters decided to attack him.He felt a pain in his chest as one shot him while he was in thought. The bullet bounced off of his skin, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. It was gonnaleave one hell of a bruise in the morning.

The pain pulled Lucien back down to earth, which was good. He shouldn't have zoned out in the middle of a fight, especially not when lives depended on it. The hunter who had shot him, seeing that the bullet hadn't done any damage, tried to hit Lucien with his gun, Lucien grabbed the gun as it came towards his head, punched the arm, hearing the crack as the bone broke, and then pulled the gun from the hunter's hand and hit him round the head with it, knocking him out. Then he snapped the gun in two over his knee, before facing the other hunters. There were three left here, the others had obviously decided to stay further back in the woods and go after Ev and Link. Lucien needed to get done here as quickly as possible.

The hunter pulled swords from their belts, which would have left Lucien at a disadvantage if he didn't have his fire abilities. The first hunter that charged him got blasted back by a fireball, and while he was on the ground trying to get his breathe back, Lucien knicked his sword and hit him on the head with the hilt. This hitting people on the head business was actually kinda fun... but the fact that it was because they were fighting for their lives took the thrill away from it.

Now it was two hunters against one vampire. A vampire with some sword training, with reactions much faster than the human hunters's were. They didn't stand a chance. Of course, they still attacked. Dodging the first swing of a sword, Lucien felt the air hit him. He felt a bit...open, a bit vulnerable, fighting in just his swim shorts. That was, after all, the only thing he had on.

He caught the second sword on his own, quickly lifting both swords into the air and kicking the hunter, who fell back with an 'oof' as the air was knocked out of him. Facing the first person again, Lucien decided to attack. He brought his sword round in a quick swing, aimed at the hunter's stomach. He inteded to cut him a bit to scare him, but not deep enough to kill. The hunter blocked it, and managed to knock the sword out of Lucien's grip. The hunter made a newbie mistake, watching to see where Lucien's sword fell. Taking the oppurtunity, Lucien grabbed the hunter by the throat and threw him ten feet. The hunter would have gone further if he hadn't hit a tree. He fell to the floor, dazed.

Lucien turned to face the hunter whose sword he had knocked away jus in time to get a dagger slash across his face. He felt blood, warm and red, just like back when he was human, run down his face.... his face!

"My face! You bastard!"
Luicien yelled, headbutting the hunter in his. Of course, Lucien had totally forgotten about his strength and was surprised to see the hunter fly back off his feet. Then he grinned as he remembered. That hunter was now unconscious. And rightly so. No one cut his face. The hunter Lucien had thrown at the tree had got up and was staggering about, trying to run away. Lucien let him go. Chances were, he wouldn't be back. There was plenty in the woods to stop him.

And with that, Lucien turned back to where the battle started, running to get back as quickly as possible. He needed to make sure no one had hurt Ev, make sure she was safe, get her and Link out of there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Midnight Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Midnight Swim   A Midnight Swim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Midnight Swim
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next